NASSM 2008 Conference
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
May 28 - 31, 2008
Proudly Hosted by
Online Conference Registration
The notifications for all accepted papers for NASSM 2008 have been sent. Online Conference Registration is now available.
The Department of Sport Management at Brock University is pleased to welcome the world to Toronto for the 2008 NASSM conference. Good Sport Makes Good Business has been selected as the conference theme, and the organizing committee is planning a busy and uniquely Canadian schedule of activities and opportunities related to managing sport. The theme will be incorporated throughout the conference with the intent of showcasing good works and best practices related to foundations, development, and charitable work in sport. In addition to the traditional NASSM program, possible theme areas include a foundations fair, industry workshop, practitioner panel, keynote addresses, and the selection of a 'charity of choice.'
Toronto is a beautiful, multicultural city, as well as being known as a 'sporting city', boasting exceptional competition venues and a wide variety of sport and recreational activities. The chosen conference site is the Holiday Inn on King Street in downtown Toronto. It is an elegant, full service hotel located in the downtown theatre district, providing attendees with easy access to several outstanding Canadian sport venues including the Air Canada Centre, Rogers Centre, and Hockey Hall of Fame.
Dr. Carol Barr (email@example.com)
Dr. Joanne MacLean (firstname.lastname@example.org)
May 5, 2008
- The conference abstracts have been added to the Program Schedule.
May 3, 2008
- The information and instructions for presenters (both oral and posters) has been added.
- The list of Exhibitors has been added.
- More information has been added to the About Toronto page.
April 17, 2008
- The details on the Student Social have been added to the Student Initiatives section.
April 13, 2008
- The Event Schedule has been updated with specific times and locations for the events.
April 5, 2008
- The Program Schedule (presenter schedule) has been added to the site.
March 29, 2008
- Links to our partner organizations have been added.
- The draft agenda of the Sports Philanthropy Workshop have been added to the site.
March 11, 2008
- The Online Conference Registration is now open.
- The details of the Golf Tournament have been added to the site.
January 29, 2008
- Information on the Accommodations and Transportation have been added to the site.
- The Events Schedule has been posted.
November 2, 2007
- The deadline for submitting abstracts to the conference has expired.
October 3, 2007
- Information on becoming a sponsor of NASSM 2008 has been posted.
September 20, 2007
- The conference is now accepting abstract submissions via the Abstract Writer.
September 10, 2007
- The conference Web site is now online. As more information becomes available, it will be posted here.