In order to keep its Group Email List service (Google Groups) professional, valuable, and useful for all subscribers, NASSM has established these policies and procedures. If you have questions or would like to report a violation of the listserv policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The policies and procedures are as follows:
- The NASSM Group Email List Service (from this point forward called “list”) is intended to serve as means to communicate events, news and items of interest to members of the broad sport management community. It is open to anyone interested in joining (NASSM members and non-members alike), and operates as an unmoderated service.
- North American Society of Sport Management coordinates the list, and accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
- Please respect other subscribers of the list. It is meant to be used to share announcements that are of interest to the sport management community; it is not intended to be used as a discussion board.
- Include a signature tag on all messages, consisting of at least your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address. State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your message and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- This list is not moderated; comments made have not been reviewed before being sent to all subscribers. Subscribers are expected to exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit over the list. Please do not use the list to defame or disparage a member of NASSM or any other person, company, or organization.
- There will be a zero-tolerance policy on defamatory, harassing, sexist, racist, obscene, and other offensive communications.
- If you disagree with someone else's ideas, please communicate with the other person directly rather than replying to the list.
- Do not misrepresent yourself, or in any other way conceal your identity, or post anonymous messages on the listserv.
- Do not post commercial messages or solicitations of any kind, whether on your own or on behalf of an individual or entity.
- Do not use the list to campaign for candidates in North American Society of Sport Management elections.
- Do not alter the content or source of a message that has originated from another person’s computer with the intent to deceive.
- Please ensure that the messages you post to this list are appropriate for this list. That is, ensure that the message is of interest to the sport management community.
- Please do not engage in discussions on whether a topic is appropriate or inappropriate for this list. Such discussions take up valuable space on the list, and distract subscribers away from more meaningful discussions.
- If inappropriate postings or violations of the list policies are noticed, subscribers should not inform the entire group. Instead, they may bring this information to the attention of the list administrator at email@example.com.
- When asking questions, please request that individuals reply directly to you. After all the replies have been gathered, you may post a summary to the list. When replying to messages, do not reply to the entire list if a reply is directed at a single individual. Replying to the individual may be more appropriate. Replies of a personal nature should not be sent to the group.
- Do not collect names or email addresses from this list to be used for contacting any list subscriber outside of the list service itself.
- NASSM reserves the right to modify or change the rules to maintain the best interests of NASSM.
C. MONITORING & ENFORCEMENT
- The list must be used for sport management related business and academic purposes only and in accordance with NASSM’s policies and procedures.
- NASSM reserves the right to remove members from the list for violating these policies.