The North American Society for Sport Management Research Fellow designation recognizes NASSM's scholars by honoring their achievement in sport-related scholarship disseminated through NASSM.
The NASSM Research Fellow designation is intended to: (a) be one of distinction within NASSM and Fellows' own academic communities, and (b) encourage high standards of research and other forms of scholarship among NASSM's members.
There is no voting process. Members qualify for NASSM Research Fellow status upon attaining a certain scholarly record (see minimum criteria, below). Members who qualify are automatically designated as NASSM Fellows upon providing the appropriate information to the NASSM Research Fellows Committee Chair and upon Committee verification/authentication of the record, as provided.
NASSM members wishing to gain Research Fellow status must have a continuous and high quality record of scholarship. Minimum criteria must be met (both A and B):
- Publications: All NASSM Research Fellows must have published at least 15 refereed journal articles (3 of the total refereed journal articles must be within the last 6 years; 3 of the total refereed journal articles must be published submissions in the Journal of Sport Management no later than April 1). Articles assigned a DOI number by a refereed journal shall be counted toward the minimum 15 refereed journal articles provided the DOI number is assigned prior to April 1. Each NASSM Research Fellow must be first or solo author on at least five of the refereed journal articles, including at least one refereed publication in the Journal of Sport Management.
- Presentations: All NASSM Research Fellows must have presented 20 refereed presentations (4 of the total presentations must be within the last 6 years; 6 of the total presentations must be NASSM presentations).
Qualifications (listing of minimum criteria) must be submitted on 8 1/2" by 11" paper format. Supporting materials (i.e. JSM Pages; NASSM Program Pages) must also be submitted on 8 1/2" by 11" paper format.
- List your Name, Rank and/or Title, Professional Affiliation, Research Areas/Interests, Address, Phone and Fax Numbers, and e-mail address.
- List your publications in APA format and attach a scanned copy of the Journal of Sport Management "Table of Contents" page for each JSM publication (pages from other journals are not required).
- List your presentations in APA format and attach a scanned copy of the NASSM Program page containing your name and presentation title for each presentation (pages from other presentations are not required).
- Email all materials to the current Credentials Committee Chair (see below).
Credentials/materials will not be returned to applicants.
CREDENTIALS SUBMISSION PROCESS:
NASSM members wishing to submit their credentials for verification/authentication must follow the guidelines as outlined. All questions should be addressed to the Member At Large appointed by the NASSM President, Jacqueline Mcdowell (email@example.com).
- Credentials must be submitted electronically.
- Credentials must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on April 1 of the induction year (induction to take place at annual NASSM conference).
- Send credentials to: