- ALL presenters should bring their presentation file on a USB drive to the presentation so that it can be loaded directly onto the computer in the presentation room. Files will NOT be pre-loaded prior to the session. Each presenter should be prepared to upload their own file.
- A PC-based laptop will be provided by the host committee for use during all presentations. Presenters will not be permitted to use their own laptops due to A/V and time constraints. All presentations must be compatible with Microsoft Office PowerPoint (most recent version) for Windows or Mac (.ppt). Please note that audio capabilities are not guaranteed, so plan accordingly and minimize the need for audio in the presentation.
Poster Presentations and Teaching & Learning Fair
These events will be combined and will take place during multiple sessions throughout the conference.
- Poster Presentations: Each presenter will have access to an assigned poster mount board. Size of posters should not exceed 3 X 5 feet. Thumbtacks/push pins will be provided to those who need them. Posters must be set up between 8:00am-9:00 am on your assigned session day (e.g., Thursday, Friday OR Saturday), and must be removed at the end of that day by 4:30pm. At least one author is required to be present during the scheduled presentation time later that day (e.g., Thursday 2:35pm to 3:45pm; Friday 2:10pm to 3:20pm; or Saturday 9:20am to 10:30am). We are also requesting you include your contact information (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, email, etc.) on the poster. We hope this new format will allow more attendees to view your presentations while promoting more collaboration and discussion.
- Teaching & Learning Fair: Each Teaching & Learning Fair presentation will have one table with two chairs. Table displays be set up between 8:00am-9:00 am on your assigned session day, and must be removed at the end of that day by 4:30pm. No electrical outlets or power cords will be provided; all presenters' materials must be self-sufficient. On your assigned Teaching & Learning Fair presentation day (i.e., Thursday, Friday or Saturday), each presenter will be asked to set up their presentation between 8:00am-9:00 am. We encourage you to bring a laminated copy of your project/assignment to place on the table in the morning and then have copies available during the scheduled presentation time later that day (e.g., Thursday 2:35pm to 3:45pm; Friday 2:10pm to 3:20pm; or Saturday 9:20am to 10:30am). We are also requesting you create a table tent with your name and contact information (e.g., Twitter, , LinkedIn, email, etc.) using Times New Roman font to place on the table.
- We have also set up a folder at Dropbox for you to upload your T&LF presentations to share with NASSM members. Please save your project/assignment as a single file (pdf preferred) titled using your presentation number that will be assigned on the conference schedule posted in late March and last name (e.g., 12-Chalip). Please upload this file prior to May 28 to the Teaching and Learning Dropbox using this link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/uPcJuTcucCRpMIeHuJXO
- As a final reminder, the format for the Teaching & Learning Fair is as follows:
- Presenters will check in with the coordinator during their 8:00am-9:00 am set up time
- Presenters will return to their assigned table for the duration of their session (e.g., Thursday 2:35pm to 3:45pm; Friday 2:10pm to 3:20pm; or Saturday 9:20am to 10:30am)
- Posters are not allowed as part of your Teaching and Learning Fair presentation.
Moderators for the academic presentations at NASSM 2019 have been selected. The document includes an outline of the moderator tasks and a complete list of all moderators for each room. We appreciate the time that these NASSM members have volunteered to the conference.