NASSM 2015 Conference
Knowledge, Passion, Community: Driving Sport Forward
June 2 - June 6, 2015
Hosted by the
University of Ottawa Sport Management Group
The final program schedule has now been posted to the website, along with links to individual abstracts.
The online conference registration is now available, and will remain available until May 27. Only walk-up registrations will be permitted after this date.
The University of Ottawa Sport Management Group is proud to welcome you to Ottawa June 2nd to June 6th for the 2015 Conference of the North American Society for Sport Management. Located on the banks of the Ottawa River, just across from the Province of Québec, this G8 capital is vibrant and beautiful. The city has a multitude of options for recreation, sports, and entertainment with its green spaces, national park, Rideau Canal area - a UNESCO World Heritage Site - professional sports teams, dynamic restaurant and nightlife scene, as well as world-renowned music at the National Arts Centre. The newly redesigned and refined Delta Ottawa City Centre hotel is centrally located, close to shopping, entertainment, the Parliament buildings, and outdoor activities.
We encourage visitors to take a boat cruise down the Rideau Canal or walk along the Rideau River. You can rent a bike and visit one of the twenty museums in the area, such as the Canadian Museum of History, the National Gallery, the Museum of Science and Technology or the Canadian War Museum. Being a national capital, taking a tour inside the Parliament building is a must. At the end of the day, we hope that you will enjoy the vibrant nightlife of the Byward Market.
Ottawa will also be a host city of the FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015, which starts when the conference ends. NASSM Delegates will be offered a special package rate for tickets.
The Host Committee will continue to work hard to make the NASSM 2015 conference and your stay in the city an enjoyable occasion. We look forward to seeing you in Ottawa!
Check back frequently for updates regarding conference events and details.
Dr. Larena Hoeber (firstname.lastname@example.org)
May 8, 2015
- The Program Schedule has been updated with links to the abstracts.
- The program for the Teaching & Learning Fair has been added to the Program Schedule.
April 20, 2015
- The Final Program Schedule has been posted.
April 2, 2015
- The Draft Program Schedule has been posted. The program will be finalized on April 17, 2015. Any change requests must be received before the end of the day on April 16, 2015.
March 16, 2015
- The Online Conference Registration is now active. Note that all registration fees are in US Dollars due to the NASSM Business Office being located in the US.
March 6, 2015
- The Events Schedule has been posted to the website.
November 19, 2014
- The Call for Papers has been updated to include the call for the Teaching & Learning Fair, with a submission deadline of Feb 6, 2015 (11:59 PM PST).
August 29, 2014
- The Call for Papers has now been posted to the website. The deadline for submission is November 1, 2014 (11:59 PM PST).
May 18, 2014
- The conference Web site is now online. As more information becomes available, it will be posted here.