NASSM is in the process of transitioning from the old ListServ hosted at the University of New Brunswick to a new Email List hosted on Google Groups. We decided that it would be a cleaner transition if we allow those who want to be on the new list to opt-in (rather than moving everyone onto the new list without their express permission). Our plan is to decomission the old list on August 31, 2019. More information will be posted here as we proceed with this process.
To join the new NASSM Group Email List, use one of the following options:
- If you wish to join using a Google email account, click the "sign in to view this group" on this page: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nassm
- If you wish to join using a non-Google email address, click on this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nassm/join
- Note that if you have a Google account but do not want to use it for this list, log out of that account on your web browser before you click the second link above. Otherwise, it will default to using the Google email account you are logged into. After you have joined the list, you can log back into your Google email account.
Once you have completed one of these forms, you will receive an email asking you to confirm your email address (if you do not receive such an email, Google has decided that it is not necessary for your email address). Once your membership on the list is fully validated (you will get a confirmation email about this), you can post to the list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on how to create or respond to posts can be found on the Google Groups support documents: https://support.google.com/groups/answer/1046523?hl=en&ref_topic=2458613
Pro tip: to reply to the original poster, use the normal reply option in your email program. If you wish to reply to the entire list, use repy-all.
Our new NASSM Group Email List Policies & Procedures outlines the purpose and acceptable use policies for this list.
The Sport Management Listserv is a way for those involved in the sport management field to share information with one another. Please note, the SPORTMGT@UNB.CA is an unmoderated listserv/e-forum that is not managed by NASSM. Any information posted to this e-forum is open to the 700+ industry affiliates and/or academics from more than 25 countries. Once you join, you can send and receive messages from those that are registered with the Listserv.
Please do not confuse this Listserv with the NASSM membership. If you would like to receive NASSM-specific communications, we urge you to become a member of the association. To become a member, please click here.
To send a message, simply use SPORTMGT@UNB.CA as you would a typical email.
To Join/subscribe to the Sport Management Electronic Forum, follow these steps:
- Send a message from the e-mail account you will be using to the listserv coordinator at: HAGGERTY@UNB.CA
- In the body of the message include your name (if you want to use a different e-mail address from the one you used to send the message, include it in the body of the message).
To be removed/unsubscribe to the Sport Management Electronic Forum, follow these steps:
- Send a message requesting removal to the listserv coordinator at HAGGERTY@UNB.CA
For questions, please contact Terry Haggerty at HAGGERTY@UNB.CA